Our Ethos – Aims – Values
Our aims are based on the premise that all pupils will be given equal opportunity in their education whatever their ability, belief, Special Educational Need [SEN] or gender.
Chalton Lower School is committed to promoting racial equality and harmony. It expects everyone who is part of, or who visits this school, to support the commitment both in the way they act and in the words they use.
The school’s Behaviour Management Policy sets out the expectations for both the staff and pupils in regard to standards of behaviour.
We aim to develop:
- A kind, caring, helpful school
- To be healthy and keep fit
- Have the opportunity to talk
- Fun, exciting and interesting lessons
- Everybody listens to each other
- Use Values Education all the time
- The School Council will help make decisions
- Work hard – to do our best
- Everyone is valued
To develop confidence, high esteem, a can do attitude and a sense of independence.
The children helped to write the first nine statements.