Sports and PE Grant 2019-2020
Chalton Lower School receives an annual Sport and PE Grant from the government to help maintain and develop physical education and sport in schools.
The funding is based on a lump sum plus an amount based on the number of keystage 1 and 2 pupils on the 2018 January Census. For 2018-2019 [September to August] the grant for Chalton Lower School will be approximately £16,448.
Use of Sport and PE Grant Allocation for 2020-2021.
- To buy into the Redborne Sport Partnership which organises inter-school competition, curriculum support and staff training
- To buy into Luton Town F.C.Community Trust to provide high quality Games and PE lessons in games and staff training, including an after school club every week.
- To use Premier Sport Performing Arts to provide a Dance unit of work and after school club for half a term
- To purchase additional PE resources as required, particularly ride on equipment for the Early Years
- To purchase a course of tennis lessons for the year R – 4
- To fund the boy’s football club on a Monday lunch [Luton Town are providing the girl’s club free in an initiative to get girls into football]
- To improve the playground facilities which will encourage the children to be active during play times and lunch times
Impact of Sport and PE Grant in 2019-20
- The school was recognised for its ongoing commitment to the Sports Partnership and its involvement in organised events over the period to the start of the pandemic
- Year 3 and 4 run each morning for 4 minutes before coming into school
- Year 1 and 2 run on the playground during their afternoon break
- Percentage of Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils participating after- school clubs =
- Number of competitive inter-school festivals entered =
- Percentage of key Stage 1 and 2 pupils participating in at least one festival off-site = 100%
- Percentage of EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils participating in on-site festivals = 100%
- Improved attitude towards team work and competitive sports
- KS2 led the KS1 and EYFS as part of the Young Leaders Programme.
- Staff are more confident in delivering high level quality PE and Games
- Early Years Class is included in the PE delivery by Premier Sport
- All the children were engaged in the four minute run which starts our PE lessons. They can now all run without stopping.
- They all enjoy having the opportunity to take part in the sporting events, even though we don’t win! We have been quite successful in the Tag Rugby tournaments over the past two years. The children have benefited from working with a local rugby coach and the children have demonstrated their understanding of the game at the tournament.
|School Year September 19-
|Details of intervention/spending|
|Aut 19||Spr 20||Sum 20|
|Sports Package||2500||Redborne Sports Partnership|
|Sports package [Luton Town Community]||700||700||500||One afternoon per week Games and PE lessons for KS1/ 2 and EYFS|
|After School PE club||560||480||Weekly PE club for all pupils|
|Resources||585||10 ride on toys for playground use|
|CPD||190|| Supply cost for training day
[didn’t take place
|Dance -spring term
Tennis coaching – summer term
Dance Provision + After School 5 wks [[3 weeks only]
5 weeks tennis coaching[reduced to 2 due to weather
skipping provision [cancelled]
Boys football club TBA
|Total spent to Spr 20||£5845|
|Total spend to Sum 20||£6457.5|
|Purchased a new PSHE scheme which includes Healthy Lifestyle
Wet pour surface under the playground equipment
|Total for the year||£20,044.5|
|School Year September 20 20 to August 2021||Details of intervention/spending|
|Aug 20||Spr 21||Sum 21|
|Sports Package||£2700||Redborne Sports Partnership|
|Sports Package [Luton Town Community]||600||550||600||12 weeks coaching|
|After School PE club||480||440||480||12 After School clubs|
|Football Coaching||TBA||Lunch Club|
|Replacing equipment||500||tennis balls and rackets, balls etc|
The school is intending to use some of the money to replace the markings on the playground. This will be carried over from 2019/2020 as it was proposed for the summer 2020.
We will continue to use the Luton Town Community Trust for our PE provision and Premier Sport for the Dance work. Staff continue these skills in the second lesson of the week thus maintaining their teaching skills.