The Pupil Premium is additional funding that the school will receive from the Department for Education (DfE) for students:
- Accessing free school meals (FSM)
- Who are currently ‘looked after’ or have been previously ‘looked after’
- With parents serving in the Armed Forces.
The pupil premium is used to provide additional support and assist in raising achievement for those students that need it most, for example meeting all or part of the cost of educational trips or materials for children on FSMs. We have also provided targeted extra support to raise attainment in some subjects for students who qualify for pupil premium. Parents are encouraged to register their child as eligible for FSMs, if applicable, as this will mean that the school receives its maximum entitlement and also students can access additional support and resources.
If you have recently had a change in financial circumstances you may be able to apply for Pupil Premium funding for your child/children. The qualifying benefits to receive Pupil Premium funding are:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
If you think you meet the Pupil Premium eligibility criteria, please call Central Bedfordshire Council on 0300 300 8306.